Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use
This policy for the EOSC benchmark collection service is valid as of October 2021.
This Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use (“AUP”) defines the rules and conditions that govern your access to and use (including transmission, processing, and storage of data) of the resources and services (“Services”) as granted by the department Data Analytics, Access and Applications (D3A) from the Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC) of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), located at Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen (the “Provider”) for the purpose of uploading, retrieving and comparing results from benchmarks for diverse computing resources.
- You shall only use the Services in a manner consistent with the purposes and limitations described above; you shall show consideration towards other users including by not causing harm to the Services; you have an obligation to collaborate in the resolution of issues arising from your use of the Services.
- You shall only use the Services for lawful purposes and not breach, attempt to breach, nor circumvent administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements, e.g.:
- You are solely responsible for the content of, and for any harm resulting from, any content created or uploaded by you ("Content") to the Services.
- You agree that you will only submit Content that you have the right to post; and that you will fully comply with any third party licenses relating to Content you post.
- Any Content you post publicly may be viewed by others.
- You grant us and our legal successors the right to store, archive, parse, and display Your Content, and make incidental copies, as necessary to provide the Service, including improving the Service over time.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. passwords, private keys or multi-factor tokens); no intentional sharing is permitted.
- You shall keep your registered information correct and up to date.
- You shall promptly report known or suspected security breaches, credential compromise, or misuse to the security contact stated below; and report any compromised credentials to the relevant issuing authorities.
- Reliance on the Services shall only be to the extent specified by any applicable service level agreements listed below. Use without such agreements is at your own risk.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy statements referenced below.
- Your use of the Services may be restricted or suspended, for administrative, operational, or security reasons, without prior notice and without compensation.
- If you violate these rules, you may be liable for the consequences, which may include your account being suspended and a report being made to your home organisation or to law enforcement.
The administrative contact for this AUP is: firstname.lastname@example.org
The security contact for this AUP is: email@example.com
The KIT Impressum is found here: Legals